VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Gambling at the Mirage" Mirage Tip by msbrandysue

Mirage, Las Vegas: 122 reviews and 204 photos

Dad and Aunt at the video poker bar <3
by msbrandysue

• Dad and Aunt at the video poker bar &lt;3 - Las Vegas
      Dad and Aunt at the video poker bar <3
    by msbrandysue
  • Gambling at the Mirage - Las Vegas

My aunt, dad and I went into the Mirage to get some gambling done. We had toured The Venetian but wanted some action! We started our journey at the blackjack table but left after 5 hands when the dealer hit 21 or 20 in the first 5 hands.

We wanted some drinks but didn't want to sit at a table so we ended up at the bar where the video poker sits as well. They key: if you play the maximum bet ($1) then you get free drinks. At first, I was doing not very well but then I ended up winning about $40...doubled my money. It was nice.

After my dad and aunt had a few drinks and lost their $20 or two we ended up looking for the casino and getting in some craps. The craps table was hot and we ended up playing for a few hours. (Boy, time flies when you're having fun!) One woman at the table got a serious roll and it was good times for all. The dealers were friendly but not quite as outgoing as the Bally's dealers. Definitely #2 friendliness, though.

Address: 3400 S. Las Vegas Blvd
Directions: Next door to Treasure Island, on the strip!
Phone: (702) 791-7111
Website: http://www.themirage.com

• Written Oct 29, 2009

Comments

msbrandysue

“God made Texas on his day off...for pure entertainment. Mary Lasswell”

Have you been to Las Vegas?