Shop at the Old Parsonage: "Beautiful Lithuanian folk craft" Suwalki Shopping Tip by evaanna

Suwalki Shopping: 1 reviews and 5 photos

Our buys

Our buys
      Inside the shop
      The museum and shop
      Beautiful decorations outside
    by evaanna
      Straw and carved decorations outside
    by evaanna

The shop at the Museum of Lithuanian Folk Art is certainly worth visiting. They sell all kinds of local craft - wood carvings, pictures, toys, dolls, tablecloths, hand-painted pottery, jewellery and what not. I simply had to buy something every time we were there and in fact I would have liked to buy everything if I could. Not all things were for sale though, usually the ones that I fancied most.:(

What to buy: We particularly liked Lithuanian pottery so we now have a small collection of it at home. We bought two cups, two jugs (one for a gift) and a czenakówka - a dish like a small vase with a lid for preparing the famous czenak (see my restaurant tip), but we keep teabags in it.

What to pay: The prices are lower than in the shops and quite a few of the things cannot be bought anywhere else in Poland.

Directions: The shop is a little hidden, so you must know of its existence to find it. It is located in the Old Parsonage next to the church. Walk along the cobblestone street past the church, passing the carved shrine on your right and it is on your right.
Theme: Local Craft

• Updated Oct 29, 2009

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2012 at 4:31 AM

Lovely pottery. I always try to get interesting pieces when I travel too.

evaanna

“The sky is blue everywhere.”

Have you been to Suwalki?