"Du?an Bulatović-Cambas" Top 5 Page for this destination Nacionalni Park Durmitor Things to Do Tip by JLBG

Nacionalni Park Durmitor Things to Do: 63 reviews and 120 photos

Du?an Bulatović-Cambas

At a view-point that offered a breathtaking view on the bottom of the valley, I was amazed by this monument and wanted to know more about it. I deciphered it, which told me that the man with a helmet, skis and rods was named Du?an Bulatović-Cambas, 1940-1999. The words "Umiri se veliki nemire" did not old me anything that made sense, even with the help of a dictionnary. Once at home, I tried hard several times but the name Bulatović is too often found in Montenegro and gave too much ?scratching? on Google. After I tried several series of key words and after several hours, I finally found a forum on a Polish website on mountaineering that showed the monument and the members tried, too (but in Polish!), to know more about this guy. One of them gave a link with a site writen in Montenegrin. From both sites, the following is what I have understood.

He was a mountain fan, a lover of all mountains from ex-Yugoslavia and he climbed all of them. He was born in 1940 in Trebaljevo, near Kola?in. Since his early childhood, he had a passion for mountaineering. Apparently, he played in several films on mountaineering ("Lelejska Gora", "Bosko Buha ", etc). However, I did not found how he died in the mountains that he loved so much for 59 years.

• Written Oct 27, 2009

Have you been to Nacionalni Park Durmitor?