Belmont Station: "the place to find special beers" Portland Shopping Tip by richiecdisc

Portland Shopping: 81 reviews and 94 photos

neighorhood bar atmosphere at Belmot
by richiecdisc

Belmont Station has long been regarded as Portland's best retail outlet for beer. It was located next to the Horse Brass Pub when I first visited there in 1994 but has expanded not only in size in the retail realm but also as a specialist beer cafe in its own right. They still have an amazing array of beers for sale to go but now they also have a small Belgian style cafe serving 16 draft beers and one hand cask. It is quite busy with a real neighborhood bar feel to it.

What to buy: We found lots of interesting bottles for the cooler including some more Alaskan Smoked Porter we had found on the Oregon coast the week before and Stone's Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. I just had to have one in the very crowded pub. It turned out to be a sour beer tasting festival and I had a very tart local lambic style beer. It was a bit too crowded to take notes so the name of the beer escapes me but it was refreshing. This is a pub I would have liked to check out more if I had more time in town.

Address: 4500 Stark Street
Directions: Stark Street is parallel to Belmont and Belmont Station is in the same block as Horse Brass so basically around the corner from their original location.
Theme: Food and Drink

• Updated Oct 26, 2009

richiecdisc Visits Here Frequently!

“fairy tales can come true...”

Have you been to Portland?