"Playa del Carmen: Snorkeling near Playa del Carmen" Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Yucatán Sports & Outdoors Tip by MikeySoft

Estado de Yucatán Sports & Outdoors: 2 reviews and 4 photos

Playa del Carmen Snorkeling
      Playa del Carmen Snorkeling
      Lagoon south of Playa del Carmen
      Mike's Drive prices.
    by MikeySoft

When we first arrived in Playa, a tour office wanted to sell us a snorkeling tour. We would have to take the ferry to Cozumel. The tour office was very pushy, kept lowering the price and got very upset and rude when we told him we wanted to think about it and would come back later. We did not trust or use him because of his behavior.

My friend ended up using Mike's Dive in Playa. They told us they have not been any snorkeling the last few days because of the winds but come back in the morning to see it they will be any. The next day they had snorkeling. My friend and a stranger signed up. They asked them if they would wait an hour so the boat could also take some divers. They assure me they would have a guide in the water and the boat would remain near by.

Well, they dropped off the two of them with a guide and the boat went to a different place with the divers. They lost the guide because they could not see him in the swells and were all-alone! My friend got very tired and had to flag down a different boat to get on. This was awful and irresponsible of Mike's Dive.

The next day we drove down the coast and found this beautiful lagoon. We met an American couple and told us the snorkeling was great because of the lagoon and they have snorkeled with turtles. We marked it on our GPS for a next trip but I don't remember the name. It is between Playa and Tulum but closer to Playa. Accommodations at the lagoon were very expensive.

I will post photos soon. One of the photos has the prices for Mike's drive.

Please rate this and my other tips when you find them helpful, interesting, ot like the photos, Thanks

Theme: Beach Activities

• Updated Oct 21, 2009

“See the world before you leave it. :)”

Have you been to Estado de Yucatán?