"Nightmare at Sheraton" Sheraton Columbus Suites Tip by obeone1970

Sheraton Columbus Suites, Columbus: 533 reviews and 2 photos

by obeone1970

Stayed at the Sheraton 10/8/09 for one night. Spacious room and nice amenities. The surprise came during departure on 10/9/09 when I discovered my car and one other in the parking lot had been vandalized. Window knocked out and GPS stolen. Filed a police report and currently awaiting any news regarding stolen items but I am not very hopeful on recovering.

I suppose the biggest surprise was when I notified the staff and later the assistant manager, and I was told we are sorry but hope you noticed the sign in the parking lot "Not responsible for damage in parking lot". Did I mention I was 50 feet from the hotel lobby, parked in the front of the building. There was a total of $750 in damage and lost items but I was not even offered a refund on the night's stay. I was offered 2,000 points on rewards account. Wow, what an offer. I do not plan to stay in a Sheraton again. Poor customer service!!!!

Unique Qualities: Poor surveillance, especially in a highly visible area. In front of the lobby.

Address: 201 Hutchinson Ave, Columbus, Ohio, 43235, United States
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: +1 614-436-0004
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=94

• Written Oct 11, 2009

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Columbus?