North Coast Brewing: "glad my cousin suggested an Old Rasputin" Top 5 Page for this destination Mendocino Restaurant Tip by richiecdisc

Mendocino Restaurants: 14 reviews and 17 photos

one fun family
by richiecdisc

North Coast Brewing was not on our list of places to hit while traveling up the California coast. I had been there in 1994 and while their beers were excellent, it had become a somewhat pricey place to eat. Sometimes, money is unfortunately a factor in what you can and cannot do. But while camping with my cousin at Van Damme State Park, he insisted on taking us to dinner and knowing me well, he suggested the brewery as our destination. Sometimes, people make an offer you cannot refuse.

The pub is a great old wooden place with a nautical touch and honestly looks like it would be an inexpensive place to eat and in no way is stuffy. It's not actually that pricey considering its location but still in a range I would normally pass by.

Favorite Dish: I ordered a burger ($12.95) and Doreen the Pork Tenderloin Dijon ($17.95) with garlic mashed potatoes as we knew they were paying and wanted to get the most reasonable things on the menu. They were both ample size meals and quite filling and tasty. Doreen had their Old Rasputin (9% alcohol, 75 IBU), a coal black Russian Imperial Stout with a dense tan head, huge hop and roast malts in the palate and a dry bitter finish. I had their Brother Thelonius (9.4%, 32 IBU), a rich malty interpretation of a Belgian strong ale.

Address: 455 North Main Street, Fort Bragg, CA 95437
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Right on Highway 1, about ten miles north of Mendocino.
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5

• Updated Oct 10, 2009

“fairy tales can come true...”

Have you been to Mendocino?