"Meeting new friends" Maui Favorite Tip by Gypsystravels

Maui General: 84 reviews and 112 photos

Larry & Rose (the love of his life, how romantic)!
by Gypsystravels

Favorite thing: One of the many things I love about being in a warm tropical island like Maui are the wonderful people I have met. One couple during out last trip in particular stands out.

Larry and Rose are a middle aged couple who have been married for over 30 years with no children of their own. They have worked all their lives and love traveling esepcially to Maui. They are what I would call "locals" since they have been visiting for many years now and everyone seems to know who they are. They currently live in New Jersey but spend alot of time in Maui. They are a wonderful couple who are retired with kind free loving spirits.

We met them by chance during our last night in Maui when we were enjoying a few drinks at the bar in Longhi's. The bar was pretty empty except for us and Larry, Rose and the chef for the Ritz (who's name now escapes me). The tv was tuned to some sport (I think it was baseball) when we said something and Larry chimed in we instantly started talking. We all enjoyed a few hours of conversation, taking about everything from travel, to work, to sports to everything in between.

We parted ways after a few hours, but not without exchanging numbers and email addresses. We have kept in contact with this wonderful couple and have meet up with them a few times during our many visits.

Fondest memory: The wonderful people we have been fortunate enough to met along our path like Larry and Rose. I believe that when people leave their "lives" behind them they tend to be more open and true to themselves....it is why I love traveling so much!

• Updated Mar 25, 2015

Comments

Gypsystravels Visits Here Frequently!

Gypsystravels

“If You don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!”

Have you been to Maui?