Longhi's: "Really good food and atmosphere" Longhi's Restaurant Tip by Gypsystravels

Longhi's Restaurant, Maui: 5 reviews and 16 photos

Shrimp scallops with linguine in marinara

Shrimp scallops with linguine in marinara
      Burger burger
      Fries
    by Gypsystravels
      The doughy like pizza at the table
      Yummy, dessert!
    by Gypsystravels

This restuarnt is located at the Shops at Wailea just a few steps away from our hotel and we ate here twice during our first trip, twice during our second and once during our third trip, that's how good the food and service at this restaurant is. I have no complaints and we have always had good service and good

The restaurant has a really nice open airy feeling to it with some nice tables inside the terraza and tables and booths outside the terraza. There is a really nice bar as well (we did come here that same night for a few drinks).

We were doing some shopping at the Wailea Shops early in the evening when we realized it was time to stop and get something to eat. We walked around looking for a nice place to sit and grab a meal and decided to stop.

As we approached the front we were asked if we had reservations and we told them we didn't. The guy in the front told us to wait a few minutes and that we would have us seated promptly. We did wait more than 5 minutes when we were seated at a nice table in a terraza like area.

The service here was was excellent, our waiter was friendly and very attentive and the "manager/owner" (not sure, he didn't actually tell us) came over to us to personally greet us (he did this to all the tables), which I found to be a really nice touch. The restaurant is not cheap, but not too expensive either. The lunch and dinner menu is quite extensive with some really nice salad, sandwiches, seafood and pasta selections.

We looked over the menu and Ferni decided to have a burger, which they are known for. I was looking for something from the sea, but nothing too filling, so I went with the shrimp of scallops marinara.

As you are waiting for your order to come out the waiter brings over a nice dish full of doughy bread (almost like a pizza) which had a nice light sauce on them. We didn't wait long for our meal to arrive.

Our meals were excellent and we really enjoyed this place so much that we decided to come back the next day for a nice breakfast.

For Breakfast - We arrived at about 9:00 am and the place was already a bit crowded. The guy at the front recognize us from the prior day and greeted us warmly with a "welcome back", we are happy to have you here again today. He personally took us back to the terrazza which is a really nice area and told us to enjoy our meal. Our waitress was quite cheery and promptly came over with water and menus.

The breakfast menu is just as varied as the lunch and dinner menu and it took me a bit to decide what I wanted, but I finally did. I decided on the Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes with the caramelized macadamia nut topping and Ferni of course had the steak and eggs.

Favorite Dish: We ate here twice during our first trip, once for dinner and once for breakfast and our choices of food where excellent. The shrimp of scallops marina was really good, not too much sauce and the pasta was cooked perfectly. The shrimps were large and cooked perfectly as well. Ferni said his burger was excellent, juicy and cooked just right, he said his steak and eggs were just as good. My pancakes were slamming, the caramelized macadamia nuts were perfect and the vermont maple syrup always makes any pancakes taste yummier.

Address: In the Shops at Wailea
Theme: American
Website: http://longhis.com/

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Mar 25, 2015

Comments

Gypsystravels Visits Here Frequently!

Gypsystravels

“If You don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!”

Have you been to Maui?