Summer Shack: "Delicious Seafood!" Summer Shack -- Boston Tip by kehale

Summer Shack -- Boston, Boston: 1 reviews and 0 photos

Our visit (my first) to Summer Shack was in August 2008 during Restaurant Week in Boston. It was the day I was due to fly back to Toronto, but I had a serious craving for Crab Cakes and Clam Chowder before I headed home. Since restaurant week was on and we knew there were a bunch of restaurants with fixed menus my boyfriend suggested Summer Shack as it was somewhere I had not yet been.
We got there and it wasn't incredibly busy as there was actually a HUGE rain storm sweeping in. So we were seated and served rather quickly. Thankfully ordering was not difficult for me as they had Clam Chowder on the menu as an appetizer and crab cakes as an entree. Both were absolutely delicious. I was especially impressed with the crab cakes, since unlike many places, they were mainly crab with only a light breading. Both items definitely satisfied my craving for delicious Boston seafood and for dessert we ordered their Whoopie Pies (a great Boston treat - try 'em!)... to go, as I was going to miss my flight. Luckily when we arrived at Logan airport late I was informed my flight was cancelled due to the weather and was able to change to a flight first thing in the morning. With that done my boyfriend and I headed back to his place to sit down and enjoy our delicious Whoopie Pies!
I would definitely recommend Summer Shack if you're in Boston looking for some great seafood!

Address: 50 Dalton Street
Directions: In the Back Bay, across from the Sheraton Hotel entrance and the Hynes Auditorium
Phone: 617-867-9955
Rating: 5
Theme: Seafood

• Written Sep 28, 2009

kehale Visits Here Frequently!

“Always looking for my next destination”

Have you been to Boston?