"Cosy Little Place" Del Corso Hotel Milan Tip by sangria07

Del Corso Hotel Milan, Milan: 200 reviews and 0 photos

The Del Corso Milano is a small, cosy hotel which met almost our needs for our vacation in Milan. The hotel staff are helpful in giving tips when they could although sometimes there was a bit of a communication breakdown even though they do speak English. Maps are available free of charge from the hotel and good enough for us to use to navigate ourselves.

Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable if a bit on the narrow side. The bathroom comes equipped with the basic amenities and is very spacious but the same cannot be said for the shower stall. I much prefer shower stalls over tubs but this one was too small for comfort. Even my sister who is smaller than me had trouble maneuvering in the shower as we ended up hitting ourselves on the door all the time. I can't imagine how someone slightly larger than us could possibly shower comfortably in there. The room was quiet and we were not disturbed by noise at all.

Our deal included breakfast and there was a fairly good buffet spread for us to amply fill ourselves up for the day ahead. There was a coffee machine which was a bit confusing to use. The hotel staff stationed at the breakfast room doesn't speak English so it took a whole lot of gesturing and pointing for her to show me which buttons to press.

The downside of this hotel is that although it is located near the Stazione Centrale, it is quite far from the city centre. We arrived close to 11pm on a Sunday night and there were no supermarkets opened from where we could buy drinking water and no shops available for us to get some hot dinner. Pathetically, we had to eat McDonald's (of all things!) which was nearby and still opened at that hour. Even on weeknights, the place gets pretty quiet by around 9pm. That said, the metro stop is less than 5 minutes away so other than the arrival night, transportation was not a problem for us. It is only that if we went out, it just was not convenient to go back to the hotel for a rest before going out again. We could do that at the second hotel we stayed at which was right at the heart of Milan city centre.

All in all, it is a nice place to stay at if you don't mind staying out all day and I would say that it give fair value for the 100 euros per night we paid. We actually made a re-booking because our earlier booking was at 130 euros per night and that would have been expensive for what we got. Fortunately, my sister checked the site closer to our trips and noticed that the price had gone down. Hence, the re-booking. So make sure you keep checking even if you have made a booking. It might save you some money!

The only other gripe we have is that you have to pay for internet access! It is something like 3 or 4 euros per hour but if you use the internet a lot or are staying for a longer period, get the 12 hour block for 10 euros. It's much cheaper that way.

Address: Hotel del Corso, Milan, Italy