Plachutta: "Tafelspitz - boiled beef in its most delectable" Plachutta Nußdorf Tip by Penelope4

Plachutta Nußdorf, Vienna: 1 reviews and 0 photos

I happened to reside in Nussdorf in 1992. The residents of the posh 19th district looked forward to the opening of Plachutta Nussdorf in 1994 because of the popularity of the owner. It was just a few steps from where I live and as I was still starting to get integrated in the Viennese society at that time, it was interesting for me to notice that those who visit this restaurant dress well and that they dine there particularly if there is a special occasion.

Needless to say, the people who appreciate good kitchen come to Plachutta to eat, particularly the residents of Doebling and Klosterneuburg. The ambiance is great, the food is excellent. Making reservation is highly recommended as the restaurant is frequented by people.

Open daily: 11.30 a.m. to 11.30 p.m. Kitchen closes at 10.30 p.m.

Favorite Dish: Tafelspitz of course. It is boiled beef which reminds me of Nilagang Baka in the Philippines.

Address: Heiligenstaedterstrasse 179, 1190 Vienna
Price Comparison: most expensive
Directions: Take the tram D if you are taking the public transportation. You won't miss it. I think it is second to the endstation (Nussdorf). It is on the left and right across the tram stop.
Phone: 01/370 41 25
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated Sep 25, 2009

Penelope4 Lives Here!

“Travels open our eyes, improve our senses, and change our perspectives - so travel and live!”

Have you been to Vienna?