"well, you don't HAVE to camp" Top 5 Page for this destination The Ahwahnee Tip by richiecdisc
The Ahwahnee, Yosemite National Park: 2,428 reviews and 19 photos
Yosemite has many non-camping accommodation options that vary in price and amenities. The park features not one but two rustic old inns steeped in history but the premier one is certainly The Ahwahnee Hotel Built in 1927 with lots of stone and wood, it was declared a National Historical Landmark in 1987. It incorporates some Native American aspects and the overall feel of the place is charmingly rustic but decidedly upscale. This is a more grand place than those you will find in Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon but like its cousins, it being part of the National Park system, even those not staying in the hotel are welcomed to use its common areas. Big fire places make this a homey place to sit around and write post cards.
If interested in staying, you will pay dearly with lowered tiered rooms going for over $400 per night. Even at those prices, you will have to reserve in advance.
Address: 1 Ahwahnee Road, , California, 95389, United States
Price Comparison: most expensive
Phone: +1 801-559-4848
Price: US$180 and up
More Hotels in Yosemite National Park (6)
More Reviews (46)
- in Yosemite you can buy it all
- See All Hike to the top of Nevada Falls
- leave your fear of heights at home
- you can't miss Yosemite Falls or can...
- quiet nights are often best
- give backpacking a try
- try finding the perfect partner
- See All two days in a row
- See All Illilouette Falls
- the history of feeding bears in Yosemite
- shuttles and cars both have their uses
- See All food storage crimps the picnics
richiecdisc's Related Pages
Have you been to Yosemite National Park?Share Your Travels