"The Scenicender" Top 5 Page for this destination Katoomba Things to Do Tip by iandsmith

Katoomba Things to Do: 50 reviews and 103 photos

Typical Blue Mountains

Typical Blue Mountains
      The Scenicender
    by iandsmith

This new ride is called the Scenicender (pic 2) although all the literature labels it the Flyway. It takes just 3 minutes and holds 84 passengers. If they were all adults and paying $8 a time, go figure how much money they make on a long weekend. I worked it out. The answer is heaps! Good luck to them I say.
For me the plus side is that at least it encourages people to go who may not otherwise go to get amongst the rainforest and may, in a few cases, prompt them to venture further. An example of this happened when a lady approached me about other possible walks in the valley, so enchanted was she with this. Why she approached me in particular I can only assume is because I had my camera mounted on my tripod and people have this misconception that you may be knowledgeable about things.
The other ride is the Skyway. It was totally rebuilt and has a Dopplemayr car with a see through floor. This is not recommended for those who may suffer from vertigo as it's a 200 metre drop beneath you.
The car does a horizontal traverse across the top of Katoomba Falls.
When you've finished all your excitement you can relax in Australia's first restaurant with a revolving floor. Constructed in 1962 it sits atop all the rides and gives a panoramic view over to the Three Sisters and beyond.

• Written Sep 21, 2009

Comments

iandsmith Visits Here Frequently!

iandsmith

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Have you been to Katoomba?