"High quality hotel" ITC Grand Central Tip by HotSand

ITC Grand Central, Mumbai: 1,457 reviews and 0 photos

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here.
Very high standard and lovely staff.
Would recommend this as a business stay hotel or for those looking for a higher than average hotel for their hols (its not cheap!)
This hotel is of high standard with good security levels.
The rooms had plush carpets and marble floors (by plush I mean the sort where you notice your feet sinking into the think soft carpet!)
The beds were comfortable with a choice of mattress and also choice of pillow which I have never experienced before!
You get plenty of water every day in your room, which seems to be expected these days in hot countries and the days paper left on your door handle in the early hours.
Lovely bathrooms with shower and bath and plenty of towels, dressign gown, bathroom scales, shampoo, conditioner, bath/shower wash, and also complimentary toothbrush and toothpaste, comb, shower cap, soap, and nail file and cotton buds.

Unique Qualities: Food was good in the Indian restaurant and was extremely clean, I cannot comment on the Chinese restaurant but that also looked of a high standard.
The Irish bar was a bit dakr and dismal so we didn't stay in there, but the roof cocktail bar was nice enough and worth it for the stunning view out on the balcony.
According to my colleagues the room service was also good.
There is a gym with running machines etc and a very nice and clean pool. There was also a salon for men and women as well as a spa which was priced as you would expect a spa to be! It translated as GBR30 sterling for a facial which I think is actually quite reasonable.
The staff were lovely and did all they can to meet our needs (we were on a business trip) they even went out of their way to get me 'mehndi' or henna but unfortunately my schedule was too much to fit it in. Very upset about that! The girl behind reception was even going to do it which was so nice! I wish I remembered her name but I would definitely remember her face when I visit again.
Cars get checked as they enter and leave the hotel gates (this seems to be standard for hotels in Mumbai, as is in many Asian hotels). Only people with a room key on your floor can access your floor (you have to use you room key card in a reader within the lift before you can select your floor. Its a bit temperamental but go with it as its for your safety). The same goes for hotel staff, only a limited number of staff can access this floor so your room keeper etc.
A lovely hotel all in all.

Address: 287, Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Road, Parel, Mumbai (Bombay), Maharashtra, 400012, India
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: (91)(22) 24101010
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.itchotels.in/hotels/itcgrandcentral.aspx

• Written Sep 20, 2009

Comments

HotSand's Related Pages

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.