Morton's The Steakhouse: "Number 1 in Singapore" Morton's Tip by Henrik_rrb

The starter.
      The starter.
      My baby and her meat.
    by Henrik_rrb
      Celebrating my baby's birthday.
      Time for dessert.
    by Henrik_rrb
      And a nice view when we got out from the resto.
    by Henrik_rrb

Now this is the place you should go to if you want good service, great food, and a perfect celebration.
I had had huge problems to come up with something that could at least come close to the way my baby celebrated my birthday now when it was her turn to become a year older, but after some thinking I realised it was time to book at table at Morton's.

Recently voted as Singapore's #1 by Tripadvisor, which I can understand, this is really a classy and fantastic restaurant. The local is huge, quite dark and the seats and tables are quite different to each other. Book a table a while ahead so you get one along the wall with the view over the rest of the restaurant.

Located onto the fourth floor or Mandarin Oriental hotel, one of the more expensive in the country. And the luxury evening starts already at the gate when the first waiter wished my Herny a very happy birthday. It then continued with specially printed menus, with "Happy birthday" and her name at the top and then a waiter who very detailed went throught tonight's menu.

I'm glad Herny was there, as I would never have been able to remember everything, but with her and the waiter's guidance we quickly found ourselves the perfect dinner. When the chocolate cake came in at the end of the evening all the waiters nearby also moved up to the table and sang the "Happy birthday"-song, while taking a photo of us two as a memory of the evening.

Fantastic food, fantastic service and a fantastic evening.

Yes, it cost more than most restaurants, but it's worth every cent of it.

Favorite Dish: We started with a fantastic Caesar sallad, continued with a great steak (shared one thankfully, there was no chance I would have fixed on whole on my own) and then finished it with a huge chocolate cake with warm sauce in the middle.

To this we followed the waiter's advice and took a classic italian wine. Perfection.

Address: Mandarin Oriental Hotel, 5 Raffles Avenue
Price Comparison: most expensive
Directions: In the Marina Square, inside the Mandarin Oriental Hotel.
Phone: 65-6339-3740
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 5
Theme: Steakhouse

• Written Sep 19, 2009

Henrik_rrb Used To Live Here!

“There is always a new place to see.”

Have you been to Singapore?