"Cagaloglu Hamami - Turkish Bath" Istanbul Ili Things to Do Tip by Penelope4

Istanbul Ili Things to Do: 154 reviews and 562 photos

The baths for men and women in this opulent, 18th century Turkish establishment are separate. I found the room where one stores her belongings spacious - unlike in Cemberlitas where you get only a locker. The architecture is less astonishing than Cemberlitas but it is as spacious. The roof has also small, star-like windows that make you wish to dream as you lay on the marble plinth and enjoy its warmth. I paid 33 Euros as I wanted to have massage but wanted to bathe myself. It costs 40 Euros if you'd like somebody to bathe you or to do an exfoliating body scrub. I am a bit picky when it comes to shampooing my hair and I just had a body scrub a few days ago so I did not ask for that service during my visit.

There is a hot room next to the main room. It is not very hot inside so it is okay to stay there and then just take Turkish bath again.

Address: No. 34 Professor Ismail Kazim Gurkan Caddesi
Directions: There's a street to the left before reaching Hagia Sofia which is called Yerebatan Caddesi. Just walk straight ahead because it will be followed by Prof. Ismail Kazim Gurkan Caddesi. On the right you will find the sign of Cagaloglu Hamami.
othercontact: info@cagalogluhamami.com.tr
Phone: +90 212 522 24 24
Website: http://www.cagalogluhamami.com.tr

• Updated Sep 19, 2009

Comments

Penelope4 Visits Here Frequently!

Penelope4

“Travels open our eyes, improve our senses, and change our perspectives - so travel and live!”

Have you been to Istanbul Ili?