La Merenda: "Tiny niçoise restaurant" Top 5 Page for this destination Nice Restaurant Tip by Elainehead

Nice Restaurants: 304 reviews and 340 photos

This is place is very tiny and you can't call (no telephone number) to book a table nor they accept credit cards/checks. Yes, they only accept cash. So how do you come to this place and make sure you have a table? Well, come early and tell them when and what time you want to come (if there's anything available, of course). In my experience, it's easier to have lunch than dinner here.

I managed to have lunch here once and I thought the food was okay. I only had Daube de boeuf (13 ?, I think). I thought the "entrees" were too expensive (11 ?). For what it is, the main dish is also expensive. Portions are small here (well, the restaurant is tiny, so I understand this). The Daube de boeuf was served with bread (looked like fried polenta, but it was bread). It tasted okay (I had better daube de boeuf before), but I was disappointed. I don't think I'll be coming back.

They only open during the week (closed on Saturday and Sunday, also on holidays). This restaurant is not suitable for obese people (restaurant is tiny!) and family with baby strollers.

Address: 4 rue Raoul Bosio
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Nearest tram station: Opéra - Vieille Ville
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 2
Theme: Local

• Written Sep 19, 2009

Comments

Elainehead Lives Here!

Elainehead

“Everything is temporary these days...”

Have you been to Nice?