VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Airport arrivals" Transportation matters Tip by gottheshirt

Transportation matters, Hanoi: 14 reviews and 4 photos

Heading straight to the information desk in the arrivals hall I asked the guy there what my travel options were to get to my downtown hotel. He said, 'only by taxi costing $30 and this man beside me will take you now'. I passed on his generous offer and headed towards the outside followed by the taxi driver who discounted the price with every step I took. Across the road outside the terminal there are two taxi companies who wil fight for your business(and luggage)and get you downtown for $15.

Unique Suggestions: On exiting baggage claim hold on to your luggage and head outside to the taxi stands unless you can strike a better deal than $15 en route.

Fun Alternatives: My understanding is that Vietnam Airlines operate a minibus service from close to their downtown office to the airport for $2 but you may need to check timetables.

• Written Sep 17, 2009

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.