Isis: "My favorite Luxor, Egypt hotel" Egypt Hotel Tip by cyberspacevoid

Egypt Hotels: 446 reviews and 525 photos

Isis Hotel - Room 523
by cyberspacevoid

On my trip to Luxor over New Years I had the privilage of having to stay at two seperate hotels. Both were situated on the east bank of the Nile River, both hotel rooms included a buffet breakfast with the room, and both were rated 5 star. IMO the stars in Egypt are not given out necessarily on merit, but then again I am not a high end traveler. (Hint: don't skimp on the star rating in Egypt ... I would hate to see what a 3 star room looked like). While the room at the Isis was clean it was definitly dated, however the bed was confortable and I was not there to spend my time in the room.

The thing I really liked about the Isis was the main floor guest accommodations. Compared to the other hotel mini-lobby and breakfast room it was spaceous, lively, well appointed and had several bars, shops and resturants. This obviously was set up as a resort hotel and it showed it. The hotel staff went out of their way to help, going as far as arranging an early 5AM breakfast for me to accomodate an early morning flight.

Unique Qualities: To my suprise I found the Isis had a wonderful little Italian resturant tucked away off the central gardens. The food was excellently prepared (I had the lasagna), the service was professional and if I was staying longer I would have definitely returned.

Address: Khaled Ibn El Walid Street, Luxor, Egypt
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: On the East Bank of the Nile, situated about 1.5 km (I mile) south of Luxor Temple
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Sep 14, 2009

cyberspacevoid Visits Here Frequently!

“"My bags are packed ... where are we going today?"”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.