Swiss Corner: "A very expensive cuckoo clock!!!" Geneva Shopping Tip by Alenaran

Geneva Shopping: 32 reviews and 26 photos

I went in to buy a cuckoo clock for my son's birthday, following a friends recommendation. According to her this store always gave a discount even if you payed with credit card . The owner is a nice guy and won't force you into buying, but everything is terribly overpriced. He showed me a clock that met my criteria but was way over my budget. At the end I ended up buying it 'cos I was leaving the next day and ,was short of time, only to find out that the store next door had exactly the same clock for CHF70 less!!! So even with the 15% discount it still was CHF70 more expensive at Swiss Corner than at Swiss Shop (the store next door) .
So I went back and complained (as anybody would have done).
The guy simply told me there was nothing he could do. The price was clearly marked and I had the choice to buy at any other place and, if I had chosen to buy it it was a final sale, he turned around and. left me standing there! (Basicallyhe was telling me it was MY fault to have bought the clock there)
Maybe the americans have spoiled me, shopping in the U.S. guarantees you the best price. If you find something cheaper at another store simply return it or ask for a discount, either one will work without major hassles.
In any case, I was so upset that I stood outside the shop and warned every possible client walking in the store that the place not only was overpriced, but they wouldn't give me a refund.
5 minutes later I was surrounded by four police officers carrying guns and sticks and, in a very threatening way told me I was not allowed to do that and, that I had to leave. I said I was only doing a public service warning people. So they asked for my I.D. wrote down my name in a booklet and told me to leave immediately or I would be fined. A police 4WD came by, they talked something, laughed, the car left and, again I was told to leave. I told them it was the first time ever I saw the police defending the thief and not the victim. The chief police officer in charge of the group, almost screamed at me and told me to leave.
So I ended up with an overpriced cuckoo clock and nobody I could complain to.

Address: Rue des Alpes 7, 1201 Geneva, Suisse