Hotel Magellan Inn: "Magellan; Cahuita's best by far" Cahuita Hotel Tip by junglefever001

Cahuita Hotels: 16 reviews and 30 photos

I went to Costa Rica with my husband and 8 yr old girl, we went to several places in both the Pacific and Caribbean coast of Costa Rica. Cahuita was my favorite town, I swear you feel the vibration of the nature's soul, I'm not a hippie or anything, I'm just in love with the Caribbean.
As for the Hotel, its beautiful, not the cheapest you can find, but certainly the best.
It is clean, beautiful and peaceful. They have the option of AC (which I recommend, since it can get really hot in the Caribbean), continental breakfast included with the option of paying for extras, no TV, but honestly, who needs it? you can watch TV back home.
The gardens and pool area a so peaceful, a real "getaway", I saw so much wildlife just sitting in the terrace of my room.
The service is also great, the owner is incredibly friendly and truly helpful.
You should visit their website.

Unique Qualities: Parrots, stunning garden, pool, coffee-maker in every room, option of AC, option of extra-bed ($20, I took this option for my daughter, the bed neither here nor there), close to the beach, parking, they'll call taxis for you if you require one, book exchange, wireless internet.

Address: Hotel Magellan Inn, Plaza Viquez, Cahuita
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: (506) 27550035
Theme: Inn

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Cahuita?