"Roppongi tips" Night Out in Roppongi Tip by clueless83

Night Out in Roppongi, Tokyo: 45 reviews and 42 photos

Roppongi by night
by clueless83

Roppongi is a popular district for nightlife, particularly with foreigners. If you don't speak Japanese and are feeling a little daunted by menus you can't read then head to Outback Steakhouse in Roppongi for dinner (see my Tokyo restaurant tips for more details).

We didn't get hassled by anyone during our time in Japan but there are some big burly looking men who stand outside bars and clubs in Roppongi, passing out flyers and trying to get you into their bars. I think I read somewhere as a rule that if you can't see inside the bar from the street then don't go in as you'll probably get ripped off.

Another thing we did while in Roppongi was go into a pet shop. There were loads of puppies and kittens all in glass cages and they were BEYOND CUTE! I've never seen a pet shop that sells cats and dogs before (my local in the UK only has rodents, rabbits, fish etc). I couldn't tell if it was cruel or cute but the animals all looked healthy. It was cuteness overload while I was in the shop but when I walked out I felt a bit guilty... (type 'japanese pet shop' into google images and you will see what I mean).

Dress Code: We only walked about and went to the restaurant and pet shop in Roppongi so I don't know about dress codes.

Address: Minato-ku
Theme: Other

• Written Aug 31, 2009

“Fairy Dust and Wander Lust”

Have you been to Tokyo?