"Quiet, Clean, and Nice" Club Quarters, San Francisco Tip by intrepid_trip

Club Quarters, San Francisco, San Francisco: 1,589 reviews and 1 photos

Stayed five nights/six days last week on business. This hotel is clean, the hotel staff was very nice and knowledgeable, and I felt very safe during my stay.

The waiting area was small with limited seating and a large television. Also in the waiting area were two computers (and printers) that can be used free of charge by guests. Not much else.

I did like the fact that I had to use my room key in the elevator to gain access to the upper floors. I also like the fact that there was a free chilled purified water machine (and unused plastic bottles) on each floor along with a closet full of essentials including ironing boards and irons, extra blankets, etc.

The rooms were very comfortable, decent size, and ergonomic for business travelers including a wireless keyboard. The queen-sized bed felt much larger than queen size and the pillows were awesome. That being said, there wasn't much interesting about the room and the bathroom was pretty small and offered a shower-only experience with one inconvenient holder your shampoo and other showering essentials.

Upon checkin, I noticed a sign that said that exercise equipment could be delivered to my room. Which got my mind to thinking...what kind of exercise equipment could be used in my room -- thigh master? hand weights? -- just not sure as I never asked. There was no pool that I know of.

CQ does not have a dining room, but does offer cookies. They were nice warm cookies, too. There was, however, a nice bar/bar food establishment next door which was nice considering that there are no other restaurants close by -- within walking distance, but not close by.

One point of interest that I found upon checkout was the fact the CQ is built over a real Gold Rush Ship. There are pictures in the lobby of an excavation that was done. Pretty cool.

Address: 424 Clay Street, San Francisco, California, 94111, United States
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: In the Financial District; a couple blocks down from the Transamerica building; across the street from the Embarcadero shopping plaza and movie theater; very short walk to Columbus Street/North Beach
Phone: 1-415-392-7400
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.clubquarters.com/san-francisco

• Updated Aug 24, 2009

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to San Francisco?