"Welchez Coffee tour" Top 5 Page for this destination Copán Things to Do Tip by calcaf38

Copán Things to Do: 131 reviews and 510 photos

The Welchez family owns the fanciest hotel in Copán (Hotel Marina Copán) and a coffee estate out of town, the Finca Santa Isabel.

Twice a day, the plantation offers a coffee tour, with transportation from Copán Ruinas. You can book the tour at the Hotel Marina Copán, or in the Welchez office across the street. The day I arrived, they demured because I would be the only participant that afternoon, but they promised me they would give me the tour the following day, even if I were alone.

So I ended up on a private tour of this lovely coffee estate, with a private guide and a private driver for $35. The shuttle drops you off high on a hill, and the tour takes you down by foot through coffee and other trees on an attractive path with bridges, boardwalks, and stairs. A large snack is included, with a cup of marvelous - deadly strong - coffee. Coffee is available for purchase in attractive mini burlap bags.

Since I visited off season, I didn't see the machinery in action, but it was explained to me (and I had seen it working in Coban, Guatemala).

Website: http://www.cafehonduras.com/

• Updated Aug 21, 2009

Comments

calcaf38

“Un peu plus haut, un peu plus loin”

Have you been to Copán?