"DONT COME HERE. CHECK OUT OTHER HOTELS IN THE VICI" Fifth Season Inn & Suites Tip by descant1

Fifth Season Inn & Suites, Amarillo: 332 reviews and 0 photos

Unfortunately, because I want to experience the nostalgia of Route 66, we passed through this disguised hotel along I-40. God damn coupon book.
Looking from the outside is amazing, the landscaping lights that hit the newly painted wall creates an illusion that you're gonna stay in one of the hotel in Vegas Strip.
I checked in the lobby and while the staff is processing our room I phoned my wife in the parking lot telling her that the place is awesome. In the lobby area, you can see the restaurant and bar which looks very promising.
Our room was located in the back part of the hotel, so we parked our car near to the room. To access the backdoor of every room you have to access first the main door inside the hotel.
As soon as we entered the room I breathed in the smell of the ROTTEN CARPET that it's odor is masked by some cheap detergent soap. The bed is SHAKY, the paint is FLAKY, even the emergency plan map is like a hand written that is peeling off from the wall.
Good thing we missed the continental breakfast 'cause I'm already skeptical.
Guess what? they have an indoor pool. Yehey! Lets check it out ! OMG! It looks like it needs one more night of stay to fully filter the nasty sheddings from hundreds of people who used it. Which I doubt if they did filter it.
On the brighter side, we were able to wash our clothes after a detergent vending machine jammed and took my first 4 quarters.

Bottom line is, don't be fooled by a good external looks and a cheap price, always read a review if possible which I did not on this on one.

Address: 6801 I-40W, Amarillo, TX, 79106, USA
Phone: +1 806-358-7881
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://

• Written Aug 18, 2009

Comments

descant1

“"Explore the Earth and you'll be amazed it's existence."”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Amarillo?