"BMW Welt and Factory Tour" BMW Museum Tip by agent328

BMW Museum, Munich: 29 reviews and 48 photos

BMW Welt: View from pedestrian bridge
      View from Olympic Tower
  • BMW Welt and Factory Tour - Munich

If you are a BMW enthusiast like I am, you have to make your way to the BMW Welt. The BMW Welt is where customers can pick up their car if they are doing the European Delivery Program. The BMW Museum is located across the street (I did not have time to go visit). The Welt is open to the public.

The Welt:
Located inside the Welt are showcases of the technologies that go in a BMW to make it one of the finest luxury sport vehicles ever made. You will also find a small Bistro and a BMW Lifestyle shop inside the Welt. There are some items at the Lifestyle store that are only available there so be sure to bring some cash, or your credit card! I learned the hard way. hehe.

The Factory Tour:
It is suggested that you Call BMWNA to make a reservation to take the tour of the facility. I had called to reserve but BMWNA never got back to me on my reservation. The tour is not free and cost a few Euros, but it is worth it to go. If you do make it to the Welt, but did not make a reservation for the tour, you can always ask the desk at the entrance if they have any space left for a tour. I was quite surprise that they still had room for the English tour, but when we started the tour, there was a total of 7 of us. Good number since it's not cramped or anything, but there maybe more people depending on the time of year that you go. Other non-English groups had about 20-30 people on their tour, so we were fortunate enough to have a small group. The tour takes about and hour to two hours depending on how fast your tour guide is going. Inside, you'll see employees hard at work and working side by side with machines like a choreographed dance.

Plan on being there the whole day if you decide to do the factory tour. I wish I had a second day there since there was so much stuff to see (yes, I am an enthusiast).

Other information:
You can get a bird's eye view of the BMW Facility if you walk across to the Olympic Park and go up the tower. It's also a nice place to get a nice view of Munich.

Address: Am Olympiapark 1, 80809 Munich
Directions: Located near the Olympic Park. Easily accessible from the train.
Phone: +49 (0) 180 2 118822
Website: http://www.bmw-welt.com

• Updated Sep 2, 2009

Comments

agent328's Related Pages

agent328

“Over packing the electronics”

Ranked Member