Disney's Pop Century Resort: "A great value resort at Walt Disney World" Orlando Hotel Tip by Jefie

Orlando Hotels: 458 reviews and 435 photos

Hippy Dippy Pool at Disney's Pop Century Resort

Hippy Dippy Pool at Disney's Pop Century Resort
      Our room at Disney's Pop Century Resort
    by Jefie
      My sister and I on our room's balcony
    by Jefie
      Kevin hits the jackpot at the arcade!
      Hourglass Lake at Disney's Pop Century Resort
    by Jefie

We loved our stay at Disney's Pop Century Resort - so much so that if we ever go back to WDW, I'd probably want to stay there again. Pop Century is the most recent of the Disney value resorts and it pays tribute to American pop culture from the 1950s to the 1990s. We had a great time just walking around the resort and spotting all the pop culture icons, from a giant foozball game to giant Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head. Our room was quite comfortable and well-designed to accomodate a party of four. We were also amazed at how quiet it was! We stayed in the 80s section, so the computer pool was right around the corner - it's a huge pool and the water was deliciously warm - but we also had access to the resort's two other pools.

We had breakfast at the hotel everyday (see my tip on Everything Pop), did some shopping at the huge gift shop and spent a couple hours at the arcade. When we felt like getting away from all the action, it was also possible to go for a nice walk along Hourglass Lake. The entire resort was very well maintained and incredibly clean, and the staff (or "cast members" as they call them at Disney) were always helpful and friendly. I'd recommend staying there in a heartbeat!

Unique Qualities: We loved the fact that the pool was open until midnight - it gave us a chance to cool down and unwind after a busy day at one of the theme parks. We also very much enjoyed the music that was playing throughout the resort, from Buddy Holly to the Backstreet Boys!

Address: 1050 Century Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL
Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: 407-939-6244
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Motel
Website: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/pop-century-resort/

• Updated Aug 9, 2009

Comments

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Have you been to Orlando?