Bar Conchiglia: "Prime location" Top 5 Page for this destination Riomaggiore Nightlife Tip by toonsarah

Riomaggiore Nightlife: 9 reviews and 14 photos

Drinks and nibbles

Drinks and nibbles
      Sunset in Riomaggiore
    by toonsarah

This bar has an enviable location on the tip of the southern of the two spurs of rock that form Riomaggiore’s tiny harbour. If you want to drink while watching the sunset, this is the place to come. It has a few tables outside on the cliff path, and more upstairs on the roof, where we sat one evening for our pre-dinner drinks. Incidentally, it also took the prize for best accompanying nibbles, as these chunks of foccacia were really delicious. As it was mid-summer when we were in Riomagiore, before dinner was not the best time for sunset viewing, so we also returned one evening after dinner to catch the last of the colours in the sky from the cliff path here – see photo 2, and my Sunset tip (Local Customs) for more images.

The bar also serves meals (mainly light meals and pasta) but as we never ate here I can’t comment on these, but they looked tasty and were reasonably priced.

Dress Code: Very casual

Directions: Follow the path on the left side of the harbour (as you face it from the tunnel exit) to its highest point
Theme: Eating and Drinking

• Updated Aug 4, 2009

Comments

toonsarah

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust”

Have you been to Riomaggiore?