Lee's Sushi: "They treated me like a Queen -- loved it!!" Wayne Restaurant Tip by BuickMackane

Wayne Restaurants: 2 reviews and 0 photos

One of the things I miss about living in New Jersey is being able to go out with friends for a really nice sushi dinner. So, on a recent trip home, I had initially suggested that we head up toward the George Washington Bridge to one of the 24-hour Korean restaurants for a sushi-sashimi combo like the old days. My friend, however, was now living in Wayne and instead suggested that we try his favorite neighborhood place, Lee's Sushi, in a nearby shopping center. I have to admit that I wasn't expecting anything special at all when we first pulled up in front of the modest storefront restaurant, but boy, was I wrong -- Lee's Sushi is a FABULOUS dining experience! The waitstaff made me feel like I was a celebrity with their friendly and attentive service throughout the meal. My friend is a regular customer at Lee's, and they pulled out all the stops to please both of us. When I go to Japanese restaurants, I always order a sushi-sashimi combo, and my friend orders different types of sushi rolls. We got the usual miso soup and salads that came with our meal, but they also brought out little surprises like oysters to the table, just to entertain us, like an "amuse bouche." Everything was so fresh and delicious! I thought the little decorative container of dry ice on the combo platter was a cute touch, too! For dessert, this was the very first time I'd ever seen Mochi (little ice cream balls wrapped in a sweetened rice confection), and it was a delightful way to end our meal!

Favorite Dish: My sushi-sashimi combo was called the "Lee 1" -- this is the kind of place where you should really let the waitstaff make suggestions, and they correctly told me this would be enough for one person. I didn't pay for the check at this meal, but I asked for a take-out menu which says it's $22.99. Larger portions such as "Lee 2" and so on are also available. If I ever get to visit Lee's again (and I certainly hope I do), I would let the waitstaff suggest a specialty of the house, because there's actually quite a lot to choose from!

Address: 1475 Route 23, Wayne, NJ 07470
Directions: Next to Staples at Glen Eagle Shopping Center
Phone: 973-694-2425
Rating: 5
Theme: Japanese/Sushi
Website: http://www.lees-sushi.com/

• Written Jul 31, 2009

Comments

BuickMackane

“Have plastic, will travel! ;-)”

Have you been to Wayne?