The Tavern: "The Tavern" Denver Restaurant Tip by lashr1999

Denver Restaurants: 220 reviews and 166 photos

by lashr1999

We have to thank our hotel staff for the recommendation of this place. The tavern Uptown is located on Denver?s uptown on the Hill. Many of the structures here were done in the Queen Anne style during Denver?s boom period from 1880-1893. Inside the tavern is housed in an historic century-old building.

The tavern has a bar area and many large screen plasma tv?s with different sporting events playing. There is a stone fireplace area with a leather couch that gives that area a living room feel. In the back there is a smoking area that was very smoky. The place is packed. We were almost going to sit here but were saved when my friend spied empty seats in the non smoking areas. There are 2 game rooms with pool mini bowling and foosball tables. There is an outdoor area which we would have enjoyed if the weather was better.

The service was adequate. The waitress did suggest some good food. Since the place was busy it was hard to call her when we needed her and we had to wait to get the check. As for the food I had the chicken nachos and my sister had the asian chops which were pretty decent. By far there best dish were the chicken tenders which my friend ordered. They had real chicken inside, were hot and crunchy on the outside and soft inside. If I ever go back I want a whole plate of those.

Favorite Dish: The chicken Tenders:)

Address: 538 east 17th Avenue
Phone: 1-303-830-9210
Rating: 4
Theme: American

• Written Jul 31, 2009

Comments

lashr1999

“meeting people expands your horizons / dare to dream!”

Have you been to Denver?