"Inexpensive and simple" Hotel Cabin Tip by whynotnorthcarolina

Hotel Cabin, Reykjavík: 1,796 reviews and 1 photos

I stayed in the hotel for 4 nights during a stopover. The staff were quite helpful and aided me in getting a reservation with Grey Lines. The breakfast was a relatively simple buffet, but was filling and came with the price of the room.

My room was quite small, two twin beds with maybe 2 feet between the beds. Very little space to store more than a basic suitcase or two. In order to move around easily, I place my suitcase on the other bed.

I had an interior room, which can be beneficial during the long hours of daylight during the summer, however, I was surprised to see that the back wall consisted of a large window facing the other hallway. In order to maintain privacy, I couldn't leave the curtain open.

The bathroom was also small and included an enclosed shower. Plenty of hot water was available.

The room was clean and for a basic place to stay it suited my purpose.

If you plan to stay in your hotel for extended period of times, the small size of the rooms would probably not be suitable.

Unique Qualities: You can get some nice views of the bay if you have an outside room facing the front of the hotel. The rear view isn't really that great. Also, I could go down the hall to the staircase outside and get some great views.

A small convience store/subway/ice cream shop was located just across the street. Very useful for picking up soda and small snacks or a quick lunch.

The hotel is about a kilometer (and probably even closer) to the bay.

Address: BorgartĂşni 32 - 105, Reykjavik, IS
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: +354 511 6030
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hotelcabin.is/

• Written Jul 30, 2009

Comments

whynotnorthcarolina

“Hit the ground running and rest when you return”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Reykjavík?