"America's Largest Fire Museum" Top 5 Page for this destination Hall Of Flame Fire Museum Tip by jumpingnorman

Hall Of Flame Fire Museum, Phoenix: 3 reviews and 10 photos

JumpingNorman as a Fireman at Fire Museum,PHX

JumpingNorman as a Fireman at Fire Museum,PHX
      Very old Firetruck at Fire Museum, Phoenix
      Twins running at Fire Museum, Phoenix
      Kid's Play Exhibit at Fire Museum, Phoenix
      America's Largest Fire Museum in Phoenix, AZ
    by jumpingnorman

July 26, 2009 ---- I saw a picture of this very old firetruck in a magazine and it says it was a picture taken from America's largest Fire Museum which is in Phoenix!!! So, I gathered up the twins and off we went, about a 30 minute drive from our home to the HALL OF FLAME (NHFF) Museum of Firefighting established in 1961...and yes, the place is big!!!

It is filled with amazing firetrucks all the wayy back from decades and decades ago! Really old...I told my VT friend MAXUS that we were going that afternoon and he said that in UK, they call them Fire Engines.

But it was so fun going around the exhibits of this nice museum...and there is one fire truck from MIAMI where you can go on it -- so the twins liked going up it. And I had the idea of being a shirtless fireman myself so I took my shirt off and got a shot, hehehe...

They also have a nice gift shop where the twins bought their firehats - 3 kinds prices at $1.50, $2.50 and and one at over $8. The entrance for adults was only $6 and it was $4 (ages 4-17), and those 3-5 yo are $1.50 (twins belonged to that) and free for under 3 yo.

It was a Sunday when we went and they were open from noon-4 PM....But Monays to saturdays they are open from 0900 to 1700. And it was easy to follow the signs near the Phoenix Zoo (they are also beside the Phoenix Municipal Stadium).

They also have interactive kid exhibits/playland - safety area...and the twins had so much fun there, even donning firemen outfits! There's a gallery dedicated to those who lost their lives as firefighters. And they have an amazing collection of fire badges from all over...

Address: 6101 East Van Buren St
Directions: next door to Phoenix Zoo

• Updated Jul 26, 2009

Comments

jumpingnorman Lives Here!

jumpingnorman

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish TRAVEL MORE”

Have you been to Phoenix?