"Air Coach" To and From Dublin Airport Tip by Dabs

To and From Dublin Airport, Dublin: 46 reviews and 47 photos

There are many ways to get from the Dublin airport including an expensive cab and a very cheap public bus but when I arrived, I didn't want to fuss with multiple buses or a bus and train combo so I opted for the Air Coach which dropped me off a 1/2 block from the Davenport Hotel where I was staying. It's comfortable, clean and runs very frequently, every 10 minutes during peak hours, every 20 minutes during non peak and every hour in the wee hours of the morning.

There are two routes so make sure you get on the right one, you should be able to tell the ticket seller which hotel you are going to so they get you on the right bus. You can buy the tickets right outside the terminal, the Air Coach is very well marked once you get outside.

One item to note, I picked up the return shuttle at the same stop I got off at but it still had a portion of it's "To Dublin" route to finish so the ride from the airport took about 15-20 minutes and the ride back took 45-50 minutes. Instead of boarding at Merrion Square, I could have walked 10 minutes and boarded at Dawson Street or Suffolk Street which are on the return journey. The travel times on their website seem a bit inflated, perhaps to account for different levels of traffic.

Type: Bus
Website: http://www.aircoach.ie/

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Jul 23, 2009

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Dublin?