"you can't always dress the part" Top 5 Page for this destination Arches National Park Sports & Outdoors Tip by richiecdisc

Arches National Park Sports & Outdoors: 20 reviews and 45 photos

D does Lara Croft at Delicate Arch
by richiecdisc

Hiking at Arches is very pleasant. If you you are an avid hiker, these walks are quite easy and very short. We had been living in the desert for about six weeks and we needed to wear long light colored clothing to protect our skin. My wife joked about wearing "our uniforms" and I know she was not thrilled about wearing not only the exact thing I was wearing but wearing a long loose white t-shirt and long baggy pants which were not really flattering. She was really annoyed when we did the Delicate Arch hike and many girls were dressed for a dinner date. We did the hike the next night again as we had the extra day and I'd spent the first night mostly taking photos, not really spending so much time with my wife. We'd had showers that day and she decided to wear more feminine attire the second time out. She did look great and I did spend the whole time right by her side.

Equipment: Proper hiking boots with good ankle support should never be put aside for fashion purposes and besides they look great even with sexy shorts. In the desert, it is best to hike with long sleeve shirts and pants but sometimes if the hike is not so long, it is late in the day, and it is a bit of a social gathering, one can certainly forgo the "uniform" for something a little fashionable. ;)

Theme: Hiking

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Jul 13, 2009

Comments

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Have you been to Arches National Park?