"Get the most out of your Great Wall trip" Great Wall Tip by Penelope4

Great Wall, Beijing: 40 reviews and 58 photos

Favorite thing: Mutianyu Wall is one of the favourite sections of the wall. You will enjoy the view without fear of falling down. The steps are not very high or steep. If you will walk it with an old or young companion, you won't have to be extremely careful with your steps. Still, I recommend that you take the cable car so you will enjoy climbing up and down the Great Wall. A one-way ticket costs 50 RMB but it is worth it. You will get to see a great view of the wall as the cable car moves up/down. And when you reach the platform, you will have the energy to explore the Great Wall itself.

I highly recommend Janet, my Tour Guide. She knows Mutianyu Wall by heart. Janet speaks English very well, has a sense of humour and will help make your trip unforgettable. You may reach her at 13011169462, janet_english@sina.com or lihui0807@yahoo.com

Fondest memory: My fondest memories of my trip to the Mutianyu Great Wall aside from the great walk and fantastic views: a) I and my Tour Guide rode in the cable car which has a notice written down "President Clinton was in this cable car" or something like that, b) I and my Tour Guide happily posed together only to find out that the tourist who took our photo did not include the Great Wall as a background. We ended up laughing so hard as we began to climb up the Great Wall.

Address: Badaling, Mutianyu, Simatai...

• Updated Jul 18, 2009

“Travels open our eyes, improve our senses, and change our perspectives - so travel and live!”

Have you been to Beijing?