"Fun~unique connection w/Key West Toastmasters'" People Tip by cromiednk

People, Key West: 5 reviews and 5 photos

While on my June vacation, besides Malllory Square, Southernmost Point, Schooner Wharf's & Hemmingway's, I went to visit the local Key West Toastmasters' club.
(Back home, I'm involved w/ one like this, so thought this would be a great time to drop in on)
Wow! I will have to say, it was a refreshing change from the local tourist attractions that I taken in.
what an exciting group of people from all walks, consisting of business people, college students, retirees, etc. (They're a non-profit, fun club & are free to visit: open to all guests)
& it was very refreshing/enjoyable to socialize with some of the actual local Key Westers & network too (I was able to make a couple of business connections work).
If you are like myself & want to take in something other than the ordinary/usual deals, these guys are really a decent group to connect with. They meet at the local Keys Federal Credit Union, Peary Court & usually get together the 2nd & 4th Tues. of each month from noon to 1:00 pm.
They were prompt in letting out so that I could still make it over to Hemingway's & onto Happy hour on Duval shortly after!
One of the ladies said- if anyone needed more info (& to verify mtg. location), feel free to call them @ (305) 295-7501 or 923-6406. When I got home later, I Googled & found their website at www.keywesttoastmasters.org.
It was a fun & entertaining way meeting some of the local Key Westers who are unique like myself....& it didn't cost me anything either!

Address: near the Historic Garrison Bight
Directions: It's right off of Palm Avenue on Peary Court @ the Keys Federal Credit Union
Phone: (305) 295-7501 or 923-6406
Website: http://www.keywesttoastmasters.org

Review Helpfulness: 2 out of 5 stars

• Updated Jul 3, 2009

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Key West?