"Recommended by VTers- convenient apartments" Globtroter Guest House Tip by Pawtuxet
Globtroter Guest House, Krakow: 707 reviews and 16 photos
2014 - JUST RETURNED FROM ANOTHER TRIP TO THAT WONDERFUL CITY OF KRAKOW AND STAYED AT GLOBTROTER ONCE AGAIN. NO DISAPPOINTMENTS. RECOMMENDED TO ANOTHER COULD WHO WERE ALSO VERY COMFORTABLE THERE. NOT FANCY - GOOD LOCATION - REASONABLE PRICES - ENGLISH SPEAKING DESK CLERK - AIRPORT PICK UP.
The Globtroter apartments were recommended to me on VT and I chose to stay there for several reasons.
1. I thought I might be alone for the first week and everyone at reception speaks English. That would be important because I do not speak Polish.
2. For a fee, they will meet you at the airport and drive you straight to the door of the apartments. You can also arrange to have them take you back to the airport.
3. They are located just a short walk off the square.. which is where all the activity is.
4. They will help you arrange tours or give you directions to whatever you need.
5. They gave me a very good recommendation for a car rental.. reasonable price... agents speak English. (see transportation tip)
6. There is someone at reception 24 hrs. a day and the outside gates are locked in the evening.
All of these things made the Globtroter a convenient and economical place to stay. The rooms are very simple. Coffee makers included. Frig was way too small in the one room we were in for the first night.
Unique Qualities: There is a lovely garden just outside everyones' doors.. and a multitude of flowers and plants cascade from window boxes outside your window.
You can visit a very simple room on the 3rd floor to use internet access if you don't have a computer with you. Luckily Gosia brought her laptop and so we had wireless access in our room.
There is a luxury accomodation rented by Globtroter which I had booked, but after seeing the entrance and approach to the apartment, I cancelled that reservation and we decided on two double rooms for the four of us women....rather than the one larger apartment with only one bath and altho a gorgeous main bedroom... the other 2 would have to sleep on a pull out couch...which hardly seemed fair if splitting costs four ways. Peter at Reception finally got the problems unravelled and it all ended well.
Address: More info later
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: just a few blocks off the square - very walkable to everything
othercontact: book through Expedia
Phone: 1 800 238 0767
More Hotels in Krakow (1)
More Reviews (51)
- See All Krakow's Cloth Market - what's not to...
- See All Corpus Christi Procession
- See All Something quick and inexpensive
- See All Explore Polish...
- See All Ratusz ~ The old Town Hall
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels