"Visit the Mulgindy Pub to enjoy lamb chops" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Things to Do Tip by wise23girl

State of Queensland Things to Do: 315 reviews and 681 photos

A friend who has just come back from touring Queensland told me that approx 10k outside Monto (south of Monto) there is an amazing little pub with food to die for. I intend to check it out.
It is an old heritage building filled with memorabilia. Old beer mugs, dolls, heaps to see. It even has a resident ghost.

The meals are all home made. My friends had crumbed lamb cutlets and apple pie. Cost about $A18 to $A20 per person.All served on big white plates with a lace tablecloth to boot.

Sorry I just had to find a photo. Tips look a bit bare without a photo.

Monto is the gateway to Cania Gorge and there is accommodation in Monto and the Gorge. So you will have other things to see if you make the trip. And I do know that just before you find the main street of Monto there is another nice place to snack.

Read next 'Things To Do Review' here

Address: Burnett Highway approx 7k south of Monto.
Directions: Monto is a town in Queensland, Australia, located on the Burnett Highway 500km north-west of Brisbane and 235km south of Rockhampton. ...

• Updated Sep 15, 2012

wise23girl Lives Here!

“'Life may not be the party we hoped for... But while we are here we might as well dance!' ”

Have you been to State of Queensland?