Wein Zeit and Zollamt: "Excellent food at Bingen's Rhein River promenade" Top 5 Page for this destination Land Rheinland-Pfalz Restaurant Tip by Trekki

Land Rheinland-Pfalz Restaurants: 45 reviews and 104 photos

WeinZeit, flaky pastry tarte with light cream chee

WeinZeit, flaky pastry tarte with light cream chee
    by Trekki
      WeinZeit, tagliatelle with rocket pesto and almond
      Zollamt, Hildegard of Bingen salad
      Zollamt, Flammkuchen
  • - Land Rheinland-Pfalz

Those who want to travel through Middle Rhine Valley to see the magnificent castles and enter the boat in Bingen have two very good options for light lunch at the river walk.

WeinZeit:
This restaurant is closest by the KD Boat pier. I was here in summer 2014 with a friend from US. The menu has various vegetarian dishes on the menu and also other regional dishes, mostly typical snacks from the region, albeit they looked good when I saw what the waitresses brought to the other tables. We had tagliatelle with rocket pesto and almonds (delicious) and a flaky pastry tart with light cream cheese (Frischkäse in German, which is much lighter than cream cheese) and red bell peppers (delicious). It was way too hot to drink wine, so I had grape juice spritz (mixture of grape juice and water) and my friend had water with freshly squeezed lemon juice. After having finished our meal we took seat in one of the beach chairs to finish our drinks. It was a fabulous feeling.

Zollamt:
With my friend from US I was here on our second summer evening in 2014. We shared our dishes: Flammkuchen, or Tarte Flambée, as Wikipedia describes it. It was with sheep cheese, olives, bell pepper and fresh rocket salad (8,50 Euro). Our other dish was the so-called Hildegard of Bingen salad, a selection of lettuce with croutons, cheese and a vinaigrette dressing of mixed herbs (8,90 Euro). Both were very delicious! We also loved the fresh bread we received for our salad and tarte. The one which looks sightly yellowish was with ramsons and corn.