Pension Villa Maria: "Good Value Accomodation" Czech Republic Hotel Tip by evillevi

Czech Republic Hotels: 103 reviews and 96 photos

This is an interesting stay. The owner is a sweetheart of a man. Very accomodating. This is the skinny on the place. Arriving - we came by public bus. This will get you close...but you'll still need to walk for about 1KM from the bus station. You can contact the owner beforehand or when you arrive and I think something can be arranged. We did we paid for it with a long walk. Once there...its a little strange because you feel like you are staying in someone's home...but after your first start to like it. The rooms are super big! Breakfast...he calls in "continental"...but it is like a buffet that he brings to your room! You can have it outside in the garden...but we were lazy (and it was cold) so we opted to eat in the room. Summary so far...location hard to get big...owner super nice...breakfast awesome. As for location to see Prague...not too bad. There are ups and down. First the ups. You will walk to the tram station and ride the tram into Prague. The tram station is about 500 meters away from the pension. The trams run about every 15 minutes? and...its about a 15 minute ride to the city. The hidden benefit is...if you get off the tram just as it starts to get to the top of the Prague Castle have wonderful walk through the old city, see all the panoramas, etc..etc...and its all down hill! This is something that I'm very thankful for and I missed this when I came here before. Better to be lucky than smart. So...although you are not in the heart of the city...the trade off is where the tram can drop you off. Also...I think the tram was like $1. The "down" is if you want to party and get drunk at night...generally most of us dont want to walk or wait to get home after binge drinking. And...we usually feel uncomfortable about coming home to someone's house so late (not worries there...secluded entrance to your room). Also, if you are out too late...the trams stop and you'll have to take a taxi home. Related...we went to the Irish pub liquored up...and they arranged a taxi for we wouldn't get stiffed by the taxi drivers. Everyone says they are thieves/scammers. Other note...laundry. The Pension Villa Maria doesn't really do when you ask...its kind of expensive. I was shocked. we continued to travel through Europe...I soon realized all laundry options are expensive! In summary...I would have like to stay in the city...but that would have cost more and I would have received less and would have been stuck in a smaller room. This was good value.

Address: Bila Hora, Prugue
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Bila Hora...about 15 minutes by tram outside of Prague
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Pension/Guesthouse

• Written Jun 24, 2009

evillevi Visits Here Frequently!

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Czech Republic?