Meson Sabika: "Spanish tapas" Top 5 Page for this destination Naperville Restaurant Tip by Dabs

Naperville Restaurants: 44 reviews and 51 photos

Queso de Cabra

Queso de Cabra
    by Dabs
      Pipirrana de buey, buñuelos de cangrejo
    by Dabs

This was our 2nd visit to Meson Sabika, a lovely Spanish restaurant, in Naperville. We both recalled the last time we visited that it was in a more rural section of the city so I think they may have built up the area since our last visit or maybe it was just the route we took.

The restaurant has a lovely patio with lots of seating so you can eat al fresco should the weather cooperate, it was a beautiful evening and we enjoyed eating outside. There was even a wedding going on nearby on the grounds, we saw the banquet hall set up for them for later in the evening.

The restaurant appeared to be quite busy indoors as well as out, later in the evening on the weekends I imagine reservations are essential. You can reserve for free on Open Table. Our service was very quick and there were plenty of staff on hand to refill water glasses and clear off plates.

Favorite Dish: I wouldn't say this is my favorite Spanish restaurant foodwise although it does have the nicest atmosphere. The prices are suprisingly a bit higher than the ones we frequent in Chicago and the portions sizes smaller. Still we ordered 4 tapas between the two of us and it was enough food.

The dishes we tried were two that we get frequently, queso de cabra ($7.50), goat cheese with tomato basil sauce and garlic bread, and patatas con Alioli ($5.75), a garlic potato salad. We also tried a couple of new ones, pipirrana de buey ($7.95) grilled skirt steak with potatoes and onions and bleu cheese sauce, and buñuelos de cangrejo ($7.50), crabmeat fritters with sauteed leeks and vegetable alioli. I especially like the pipirrana de buey, I probably wouldn't order the crabmeat fritters again as they weren't anything special and had very little crabmeat. The other two were fine.

Address: 1025 Aurora Ave
Comparison: about average
Directions: About a 1/2 mile from the Naper Settlement on the same street
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.mesonsabika.com/

• Written Jun 23, 2009

More Restaurants in Naperville (1)

Comments

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Naperville?