Panisol: "Pattisserie/ Bakery/Cafe in Cascais" Top 5 Page for this destination Cascais Restaurant Tip by suvanki

Cascais Restaurants: 86 reviews and 198 photos

by suvanki

I came upon this patisserie/cafe on the way back to my hostel. I was a bit peckish and thirsty, so decided to stop off here.

There was quite a variety of pastries, cakes, puddings etc. on display here.
I opted for a coffee and was going to chose a pastry, but spotted a baked apple, so opted for the 'healthy option'!

Apparently this establishment is renowned in Cascais for its bread and pastries.

At the time of my visit-mid-late afternoon, there was just a handful of customers, who appeared to be locals.

I headed to the seats on a raised area, to enjoy my purchases in peace. The wall in front of me was decorated with a typical blue and white tiled coastal scene (pic 3)

Favorite Dish: My baked apple (1.30 Euros)was quite delicious- I would have preferred it to have been warm, but it was still very nice- flavoured with a cinnamon stick and a light syrup- not too sweet, and the acidity of the apple helped balance it.
My coffee shot (60 cents)was good too, though I wish that I'd asked for a large coffee with milk, as I was ready for a longer drink. Total = 1.90 Euros

Address: Alvide Cascais
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: From the park in the centre of Cascais, head up Rua Visconde Luzthen and left into Rue M Joaquim - keep looking on the left side of the road and you'll see Panisol.
othercontact: fax 214841363
Phone: 214830072
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Bakery

• Updated Jul 9, 2009

“Enjoy Yourself -It's later than you think!”

Have you been to Cascais?