The Glen Bar & Restaurant: "A refreshing place for a short break" Skipness Restaurant Tip by scottishvisitor

Skipness Restaurants: 2 reviews and 9 photos

The Outside

The Outside
      Let the sun shine
      Fresh Flowers
      Creature comforts
  • A refreshing place for a short break - Skipness

It was getting late into the afternoon and we needed a drink and a place to rest and relax from the seemingly endless B879 road from Skipness to Campbeltown. The Glen Bar fitted the bill perfectly. Service here was friendly and welcoming - we asked the lady behind the bar where the beach was so we could walk the dog. She gave us precise directions and asked if we wanted to bring the dog inside as they weren't serving food at the time. Well I'm sure Cuileanne would have loved the soft leather couches I know I had a fine relaxing time lounging around here!

Favorite Dish: We opted to have just coffee - again food is only served between 12.00 & 14.00 Lunch and 17.30 till 21.00 for evening bar meals. I did look at the menu and all sounded very appetising with lots of local fish and other options. If I come back to this area I would definately get my timing right and have an evening meal in this lovely restaurant.

Address: Carradale
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: The Glen is one of the first places you see here as you enter the village
Phone: 01583 431431
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Eclectic/International

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Jun 28, 2009

More Restaurants in Skipness (1)

Comments

scottishvisitor

“Look for the simple things in life”

Have you been to Skipness?