"Hayward Gallery: Rooftop boating with a view :)" South Bank Tip by Durfun
South Bank, London: 96 reviews and 210 photos
For a quirky experience, try the rooftop boating here, part of Psycho Buildings exhibition (until 25 August). Tickets cost just under 11 ukp.
Check out Austrian collective Gelitin's hovering boating lake, which floods the gallery's outdoor terrace overlooking the London Eye and County Hall.
Argentinian Tomas Saraceno has created a huge, suspended 'bubble' that sits on another terrace, and into which people can climb and relax on a transparent air-supported 'pillow'.
Other highlights include a beautifully sculptural plywood 30-seat cinema by Slovenian Tobias Putrih, a ghostly red fabric staircase by Korea's Do Ho Suh and Brit artist Rachel Whiteread's eery hillside scene of more than 200 lit doll's houses.
Fellow Brit Mike Nelson has transformed one of the Hayward's rooms into a space seemingly ravaged by an escaped wild beast.
(text from the internet)
Address: Waterloo, SE1
Directions: Waterloo tube
Phone: +44 20 7202 6918
More Things to Do in London (48)
More Reviews (67)
- See All In the airport itself !
- See All Very Chic Chinese
- See All Funky Belgian beers anyone?
- See All Bicycle hire outside tube stations!
- See All Brick Lane & it's Market
- See All Have a week? Then see these...
- See All Ice-skating outside the Natural History...
- See All Ali-Pali Tower, Ice rink roof, Palace...
- For summer, bring your swimming briefs !
- Good quality warm clothes for winter !
- Shady 'southern' areas..
- Need correct change for buses
Durfun's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels