GOLD: "GOLD takes gold medal for food and service" Agios Nikolaos Restaurant Tip by svealina

Agios Nikolaos Restaurants: 14 reviews and 23 photos

Sea Bream

Sea Bream
      Lamb
      Salad, parmesan bread
    by svealina

My mom and I went to Agios Nikolaos for some food and relaxation. She had been to Ag.Nik three times before, but never to this resturant. It opened only last year and has yet to build the reputation it so well deserves.

We were directed to GOLD by the people at the well known restaurant La Strada, just a few steps away. They gave us a voucher for a free glass of vine, and we didn't hesitate. At GOLD we were very well recieved, so we decided to dine there the next evening.

So we did, and had one of the finest meals ever. I had the fresh Sea Bream with three kinds of sauses. My favourite was the ginger sause. Delicious! Mom had some very good lamb chops. We shared a salad with a gorgeous parmesan shell. A feast for the eye, as well as the mouth.

Later in the week we made a second visit to GOLD. I couldn't resist having the Sea Bream again, with some nice macedonian wine. Mom also had the Sea Bream this time. Both times we were treated to a little something to drink, on the house, after dinner.

The service was flawless on both occations. Everyone on the staff was very nice. GOLD really deserves more recognition and we wish that more people discover this great restaurant.

Go for GOLD. You won't regret it!

Favorite Dish: Fresh Sea Bream, that I had both evenings, with the ginger sause expecially.

Address: R. Koundouroy, Agios Nikolaos
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: +30 28410 22966
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

svealina

“In search of great food and culture”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Agios Nikolaos?