"Ethel M's Chocolate Factory" Other Museums/Tours Tip by riorich55

Other Museums/Tours, Las Vegas: 18 reviews and 26 photos

The Chocolate Factory Tour
by riorich55

It's actually so far the beaten path in Las Vegas that it truly isn't in Las Vegas, but in the Las Vegas suburb of Henderson. However, if I put this tip in Henderson, where it truly belongs nobody will find it. So here goes.

The Chocolate Factory is really nothing, but a quick trip where you can see one conveyer belt of chocolate through a glass window. You can talk to a lady about chocolate who is on the other side of a short walkway going past the window and you'll be entertained by the chocolate signs which I have in the Chocolate Signs travelogue. Once you finish with the short walk through tour you come into the (surprise, surprise) gift shop where you do get a free sample and then can purchase any number of chocolates or have a hot chocolate drink.

We were there shortly after it opened before we headed to the airport for our trip back home to Chicago and we had the place all to ourselves before the bus invasion occurred which I'll talk about in the Cactus Garden tip.

The tour is FREE.

Website: http://www.vegas.com/attractions/off_the_strip/ethelm.html

• Updated Jun 19, 2009

More Off The Beaten Path in Las Vegas (1)

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I've been to Ethel M's several times (in the days before we turned 21, it was a fun thing for my best friend and I to do), but have NEVER seen it in operation. I've watched the video screens showing what WOULD be happening, if they were in production on that day/at that time. My motto is "FREE is GOOD". :-)

riorich55

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Have you been to Las Vegas?