"Romulus Whittaker's Crocodile Bank." Top 5 Page for this destination Chennai (Madras) Things to Do Tip by goutammitra

Chennai (Madras) Things to Do: 132 reviews and 246 photos

by goutammitra

The African Crocodile.
    by goutammitra
  • Romulus Whittaker's Crocodile Bank. - Chennai (Madras)

The brainchild of Romulus Whittaker, the acknowledged specialist on reptiles, this centre has gained fame as an endeavour for the preservation and propagation of endangered species of crocodiles. The centre also houses a large variety of snakes.

The place is worth visiting if you are traveling to Chennai. Situated on the East Cost Road, the road to Mamallapuram, this Crocodile bank was created will almost all Crocodile species of the world to save them from getting killed, as slowly they have become extinct. It has crocodiles and alligators from Africa, Australia, South America, Asia. This is also a breeding centre.

Our tour operator ( TTDC) did not stop at this place but they preffered to take us to VGB Golden Beach, what a sheer waste of time. We do have this kind of amusement park in almost all the cities in India or abroad. Their hurried call did not allow me to see it properly, all I can say I missed it. I will have wait for my next trip to Chennai.

Address: East Coast Road, Chennai.

• Updated Jun 16, 2009

Comments

goutammitra

“Thanks Daniel & Giampiero for the Tee Shirt!”

Have you been to Chennai (Madras)?