"Pearsonville ~30 Ft Uniroyal Gal" Top 5 Page for this destination California Things to Do Tip by Yaqui

California Things to Do: 1,034 reviews and 1,974 photos

As with any trip, I get my atlas out and check out all the little communities along the way. I did a little bit of research and decided I wanted to check out this little place and I am glad I did. It reminds me of all the hokie places during the 60?s along Route 66. What I could gather from the info on the web sites, is that it was like one of those places that was surreal.

Some thought having a play ground was kind of creepy with no children, but I disagree. I think this little playground it always a wonderful idea and put there as a reminder of what is important, our children. What else is very unique is boulder over in the corner past the basket ball court. It is a memorial to the founder of Pearsonville, Andy Pearson. A veteran?s plaque is located on top of this huge boulder, a symbol of the foundation of this community. What better place to be remembered at, a place that holds the echo's of children?s laughter.

30 ft Lady ?This Uniroyal Gal is just one those unique roadside American attractions that remind me of those Route 66 days. Although, she may not seem much to most people, but she represents those wonderful memories of my childhood traveling along the country side.

Directions: Along North Highway 395, just outside of Inyokern, Ca.
Website: http://www1.iwvisp.com/hubcaps/

• Written Jun 13, 2009

Comments

Yaqui Visits Here Frequently!

Yaqui

“~Happy Trails, Keep the Faith and Keep Dreaming!~”

Have you been to California?