" Ayvalik" Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Things to Do Tip by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Turkey Things to Do: 1,127 reviews and 1,818 photos

Ayvalik is a seaside town on the northwestern Aegean coast. It’s . It’s well-known as a week-end resort for inhabitants of Istanbul and Izmir. It was alternatively called Kidonies by the town's formerly important Greek population. It is situated on a narrow coastal plain surrounded by low hills to the east which are covered with pine and olive trees.
Ayvalik is also surrounded by the archipelago of the Ayvalik Islands on the sea and by a narrow peninsula in the south.

According to a legend Athlantida disappeared somewhere close to this area.
The town`s busiest area is the harbor where fishing boats and sightseeing ships are anchored. Along the harbor there are many sea facing cafes and terrace restaurants, which are thronged by Greek shoppers and locals.

You can watch my 27 high resolution photos slideshow Ayvalik-Sarimsakli out of my Webshot page.

Learn more out of my Ayvalik VT page .

You can watch my 5 min 27 sec HD Video Ayvalik Around by bus out of my Youtube channel with Turkish pop music by Serdar Ortak - Dayan,
3 min 10 sec HD Video Ayvalik Hotel Kalif out of my Youtube channel with Turkish pop music by Mert Ekren – Kiz Bu Bana Yapilirmi,
3 min 33 sec HD Video Sarimsakli Walking around out of my Youtube channel with Turkish pop music by Emrah – Ayrilda Gel,
4 min 36 sec Video Ayvalik Sarimsakli HD slide show out of my Youtube channel with Turkish pop music by Sertab – Back to the beach,
2 min 59 sec HD Video Ayvalik Sarimsakli evening walk out of my Youtube channel with Turkish pop music by Nazan Oncel – Oluyorum Anlasana.

• Updated Jun 11, 2009

Comments

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Have you been to Turkey?